Sunday, November 5, 2017

OCTOBER 5-ON-5

That month flew by! Between the up and down temperatures, school, sports and the usual influx of fall photo shoots, October was gone in the blink of an eye!

The first session I had this month was for a family I've known for over 10 years. We've raised our oldest together from birth, and they've lived in this house since I met them. This month they will be moving to a new house and leaving behind a home with amazing memories. I wanted to give them photos to help them remember the family they've built in the home.

Even though I prefer to shoot outdoors, I am trying to grow and improve my indoor (no flash) abilities. I took the boys up to their rooms to get a few shots of them in the only bedroom they've ever known...Loved the way this boy just 'was' for this part of our session!

My favorite shots have always been the little moments that happen between the 'poses'.

I got to shoot this little peanut at her aunt's wedding...she stole the show and her aunt couldn't have been happier about it.

I stumbled upon a cotton field a few weeks ago. So. Cool. I'd never seen a cotton plant before; they are very complex and beautiful. 

Finally, another example of why I try to 'lightly' pose my families and then let them fill in the blanks. Big sister knows just what to do!

Check out more awesome photos in the blog circle: click here to see Stephanie's work this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment